Northern Tier Cycling Expedition

Several adventurist and myself, are doing a coast-to-coast bicycle ride in the summer of 2006, with the Adventure Cycling Association. This blog is to describe that adventure

Friday, June 16, 2006

Chester, MT - Friday, June 16

Good news. I found the shirt I thought I lost. Cal and I seem to be making a habit of doing that sort of thing. We have a place for everything, and keep everything in it's place. But when we put something away in the wrong place (for example when we are in a hurry in the rain), we get totally confused. Oh well - we are the seniors of the group, so we are entitled.

It continued raining in Cut Bank until about day break. The wind also died down. Linda and I moved our tents to an area protected by the wind, which helped a lot last night. Ann started moving her tent, and accidentally tore a hole in the fabric, so she just took her tent down and laid out her sleeping bag in the campground's recreation room. Andy set up his sleeping bag in the recreation room right from the get-go. He was a happy camper until a kid came in and turned on the TV at 6:00 AM. Cal, Andy & I sampled the spirits at Cut Bank, and we all had supper at Pizza Hut. Of course we had cold pizza for breakfast this morning. Yummy yummy - just like home! Hans is happy because he managed to catch some of the World Cup soccer on TV.

I thought the ride from East Glacier to Cut Bank was great, but today's ride to Chester was just as good. I have come to love 50 - 60 mile rides with a 20-25 mph tailwind. I hope they continue. There has been no rain for about 18 hours. The sun even came out for a bit today. We are camped in the town park. We have cold water and port-a-potties. I was able to do a sponge bath at the restroom at the town office. The park is pleasant, has a nice sheltered picnic area, and should work well for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home