Northern Tier Cycling Expedition

Several adventurist and myself, are doing a coast-to-coast bicycle ride in the summer of 2006, with the Adventure Cycling Association. This blog is to describe that adventure

Monday, June 05, 2006

Republic, WA - June 3: Just completed 2 very long and tiring days. We get up about 7:30, on the road by 8:30 and get into the next camp between 6 and 8 pm. The good news is that I haven't had to walk up any more passes - probably a combination of being stronger and changing my technique. The big climb today was Loup Loup pass at 4,020 feet.

We had rain all day yesterday and packed up in the rain this morning, but it cleared up in the afternoon.

The interesting thing I noticed was that the climate changed dramatically today. Before this it was all rain forest, but at the bottom of the pass today I suddenly was seeing sage brush. I didn't even realize they had sage brush in Washington.

I'm certainly having quite an adventure.

(This post is transcribed from a phone conversation by Karen. Paul was to tired to type.)

1 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul, Thanks for keeping Cal's friends up to date. Enjoying your posts and looking forward to more.

Tailwinds and some Dry Roads!#!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home